Somebeans has been digging the new plot, but the weeds are growing quicker than he can dig - warm weather and rain have combined to produce something which would shame a rain forest.
In the greenhouse:
- various squashes
- cucumbers 'Marketmore (for outside) and Aurelia F1 (for inside)
- cosmos which need planting out
- Tigerella tomatoes which I'll try outside, as I've already got some inside
- alpine strawberries
- and lots more!
Flowering in the garden:
- Californian poppies
- Rainbow chard (!?!)
- Snapdragons which survived over winter
- Lupin (singular)
- French lavender
And as for harvest from the allotment: broad beans, a few golden mangetout, lettuce (all year round planted in November), and strawberries.
Notes for allotment for next year:
- PUT PIGEON PROTECTION UP!!!!!!
- Not sure about crimson flowered broad beans - look pretty but don't loook as though they'll produce a big harvest
- Plant more mangetout
- plant more strawberries
- Don't leave grass paths in!!