To participate in the Meme Award, you need to:
- link back to the person who gave you the award;
- reveal seven things about yourself;
- choose seven other blogs to nominate and post a link to them
- let each of your choices know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog;
- and finally let the tagger know when your post is up.
So, to the facts...
1. I'm irrationally scared of baked beans, although I have got better as I've got older. I no longer physically recoil when I open an airline breakfast and see the freaky orange bald things sitting there. Strangely, I don't mind the non-baked haricot.
2. I used to ride a motorbike (Yamaha YZF600Thundercat), but gave it up as I got older. I now have an allotment instead.
5. One of my favourite words is 'archipelago'.
6. One of the most exciting things that has happened to me was watching 'Life on Earth' as a child. It gave me an understanding of my love of nature. I can still remember the excitement of rushing in from playing outside to watch the next episode. It was indescribably exciting to watch it. I can't thank David Attenborough enough for changing my life. Because of him, I went to University - a common enough thing nowadays, but I was the first in my family to go. A big, big thing.
Me studying periwinkles I had found on the beach, aged 3
7. I'm married to a man who thinks it's fun to put plastic baskets etc on his head. It started young, but he still can't resist putting cloches on his head when we go round garden centres.
SomeBeans with natty head decoration
And so, I pass this meme on to the following bloggers. There's no pressure to take part!
1. Joanne - a blog full of beautiful flowers, and information about her battle with Lyme Disease2. Trisha at Ripplestone Review - flowers, gardens, poetry and politics
3. Nutty Gnome - read about her mammoth garden works - it wears me out just reading about her progress!
4. Rothschild Orchid - more beautiful photos, and say hello to Stilton, Ruler of the Universe
5. Kat Wolfdancer - interesting tales
6. The Galloping Gardener - fascinating garden visits
7. Chaiselongue at Olives and Artichokes - fruit, veg and fantastic recipes.
Thanks to Alice for the tag!