Tuesday, June 15, 2010

GBBD June 2010

The garden is crammed full of beautiful flowers at the moment. Some of my favourite flouncies have already flashed their frills. The sunny border is full of colours that make no apologies as they punch you between the eyes.

But in the shady border is something quiet, delicate, unassuming. And I love it all the more because it doesn't shout out "Look at me!".

Polygonatum curvistylum

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day is hosted by Carol at May Dreams Gardens. Have a look at flowers blooming all over the world right now. Thanks Carol!

3 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Cool Polyganatum! I've never seen that one.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Unassumingly beautiful; soft lavender bells, dark stems and slender leaves makes this plant special. I think every garden needs those to come and look closer.

Melody said...

A very beautiful dainty flower. LOve teh close-up view, which I sometimes forget to do.