Thursday, August 25, 2011

Germination

I’ve been quiet recently.


For those who haven’t seen the news on SomeBeans blog or on Twitter, we have had some good and very unexpected news quite recently.


Meet ‘Beetle’…


Scan1



Unfortunately, my morning (ha!) sickness means that the smell of my beautiful sweet peas has been turning my stomach this year, so they have had to stay, uncut, down on the allotment.


Should all go well, Beetle is due on 21st February, and my mind wanders to the spring plants that will be starting to flower at that time of year. This autumn, I think I’ll be planting lots and lots of early daffodils and crocuses to welcome Beetle into the world.

11 comments:

Karen - An Artist's Garden said...

How wonderful - much love and congratulations to you and somebeans
K
xxxx

VP said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations to you both.

Choose some of the most scented daffodils to make up for the sweet peas.

Bienchen said...

I have to come out of lurking to say congratulations on your fabulous news and I hope that your pregnancy runs smoothly. Germination indeed, chortle.

HappyMouffetard said...

Karen, VP and Bienchen - thank you all for your kind wishes xx

Nick said...

How exciting! Many congratulations! Life will never be the same again (in a good way!).

And since nobody else asked - Beetle???

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Oh that's wonderful news - congratulations to you both :)

HappyMouffetard said...

Nick - thank you. I'm not quite sure where 'Beetle' came from, but it seems to suit and is a change from Bean and Bump which seem popular names for babies-in-progress.

Leavesnbloom - thank you x

We're quite old for first-time parents, and rather like the description of our new family-member-to-be that someone gave on SomeBeans' blog - a 'late lamb'.

Helen/patientgardener said...

Congrats again

Ginger biscuits or arrowroot biscuits are excellent for morning sickness

Juliet said...

Congratulations!

Is there something in the air of bloggerdom at the moment - first Emma T, then Rothschild Orchid, now you?!

HappyMouffetard said...

Thanks Helen - we have ginger biscuits, but SomeBeans tends to eat them - I'm not keen on them.

Juliet - thanks :) I think there must be. *wonders who's next...*

Thank you Catharine :)

SomeBeans said...

Thanks for you congratulations :-)

In my defence: HappyMouffetard considers Ginger Nuts to be "horse biscuits", not human food - which is why the field was left to me to eat them all!