Monday, May 10, 2010

Gardens - Malvern 2010

OK, so the main memories of Malvern 2010 for me will be the people I met, the hugs and laughter we shared. But there were show gardens as well. Two golds this year, but also a whole host of silver gilts and silvers. There were lots of little details I liked (post to follow). And the planting at this time of year is so fresh. I'm not a garden designer or critic, so couldn't tell you if the gardens were technically good, but here's some photos if you weren't able to make it to Malvern. (Apologies if any are mis-labelled).



The Woodland Edge garden, complete with frilly-knickered aquilegias

My favourite (I'm a sucker for alliums) - Juggling for Balance


Lovely bright planting - a real fresh, Spring feel in the Illusions of Man(?) garden

The Hansel & Gretel Fairytale Garden

Trackbed - I loved this. So many small details to spot.

Water feature in The Youth of Old Age garden

ReSource garden

The Nature of Nurture by the lovely Deb Bird. I would love to sit and do homework at the desk in the greenhouse (if I was a little bit younger...). Lots of lovely details.

Not sure which garden this came from but I liked the grasses and allium heads, with the bright acid colour of the euphorbia.

The Morgan garden - a mixture of James Bond and garden sheddery.

The 25th Anniversary garden - I liked the vertical panels with their horizontal stripes, and the Stipa grasses softening them.

Roman Gifthorses garden, based on a Roman hippodrome.

For many more blog posts on all aspects of the Malvern Spring Gardening Show, visit the MalvernMeet blog.

1 comment:

Helen/patientgardener said...

The Woodland Edge was one of my favourites but I love woodland plants. I thought the garden with the alliums was the best of the Chris Beardshaw gardens