Friday, April 15, 2011

Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Day April 2011

A few warm days last week really brought on a panoply of spring flowers. You can see many of these flowers on other people’s GBBD posts, so I thought I’d include a couple that might not feature elsewhere*. The following two weren’t planted by me, but are welcome. Our lawn is not a monoculture! No stripes of perfection here.

IMG_7949IMG_8017

  *Although having gone to Carol’s post to put my own up and add a comment, I note that she, too, has included the fiery petalled flower of number 2.

6 comments:

greggo said...

Nice photos.

Esther Montgomery said...

Flowers of perfection instead.

Esther

Rachel said...

What fabulous photos! I had to follow the link just to make sure the second one was what I thought it was :D

These are very welcome in my garden. I had some for lunch today, and have the fourth tray full drying in the conservatory.

Liz said...

Hi,

Lovely photos, no Daisies here yet but I don't think it'll be long before we see some.

I realised I'd forgotten to give the Dandelions a spot in my post until too late!

Oh well, there will be other opportunities I am sure :)

VP said...

This is the week for golden dandelions that's for sure. I'm expecting seeds of snowdrift proportions next week!

Town Mouse said...

Now I see why they're called "Lion's teeth". What a great photo. Happy bloom day!