Wednesday, April 14, 2010

GBBD - April '10

After a hard winter, most plants seem to be almost catching up with where they were last year. The plum trees are smothered with blossom. The hellebores have been out for an age but still look good. The daffodils are going over quite quickly, after a few warm days at the weekend. But to just stand in the garden, and smell the spring, and practically see the plants growing before your eyes - happiness.


For more flowers in April, visit the host of GBBD, Carol at May Dreams Gardens.

10 comments:

Snap said...

We had a hard winter, too. Lovely mosaic!

dozenoaks said...

I wish I'd had the patience to make a mosaic for GBBD, yours looks so pretty! My hellebores are just coming into leaf - I hope I'll get their flowers soon!

Rosie leavesnbloom said...

Oh those are lovely blooms and I don' recognise some of them especially the top left one. My camelia has buds but I am really not sure if they will open as so much of the bush is badly frost damaged. I have not seen any forget me nots yet.

Anna said...

Enjoyed your April blooms HM :)

BernieH said...

Beautiful blooms ... such a lovely collage.

Jo said...

Lovely blooms. I think the earlier flowers have been a little late, but things are getting back to time now.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

It does seem as if you can watch the plants growing. (Some things have already gotten away from me.) Your blooms shout spring! The Camellia is so perfect.

Town Mouse said...

What a great -- dare I say elegant? -- collection of flowers.

Happy bloom day!

HappyMouffetard said...

Thanks for all your comments - it's such a great time of year, with new plants coming into leaf and flower on an almost daily basis.
Town mouse - elegant? The plants, maybe. Just not the gardener!

Anonymous said...

Great mosaic and wonderful collection of blooms.The pinks are lovely.